Monday, August 26, 2013

Bones - treasure chest

The first of the Bones miniatures is reaching completion. I started with this treasure chest to test paint adherence and who doesn't want to find treasure? I used Citadel gold, copper, chainmail  for the treasure pile below the chest. This was washed with a devlan wash and then dry brushed with some chain mail to bring back some luster. The chest used chandathan brown with a brown wash. The metal parts are chainmail with a tin bits dry brush to wear. The next step is to finish up a couple of small pieces and add a weathering dry brush to highlight chest wear, then to seal up.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Project plans for 2013

So far I think NY goals are pretty modest, well compared to many, by that means I have a lot to do. First is completing my Imperial Guard set so I can actually play a game. I have most of them assembles and now need to finish the paint.

Next on the to do list is to complete the assembly and painting of the Imperial Guard sentinels. This shouldn't take too terribly long once I get going.

After you have little weapons, well you need some bigger guns and that means tanks. I have a Chimera which needs slight work to finish and hen paint and a LeMan Russ which is close to ready to paint

Sounds like no challenges so far and that is probably true. I do want to add some gun racks to the Chimera, but that is probably small potatoes. My first real challenge will be converting a Valkyrie to something like an A10 warthog. I've seen a few and think I can really make a change which is pretty cool.

While doing all of this, I need to build my kids a castle for play and that will be done with plaster and Hirst molds. Then I need to build the scale model for Castle Caldwell which will be a feat and at 4' x 4' a monster to behold.